Saturday, September 7, 2013

Yesterday I had my hair cut drastically. I haven't had such a drastic haircut since 2009. It is different, and for some reason I never realized how much of an emotional attachment I had on my hair. It was my comfort zone, it kept me protected and it made me feel pretty. Short hair makes me look more mature, it makes me look my age and I suppose that alone in itself is a good thing. I feel as though this change within myself is what is making me feel emotional. It isn't in a bad way, I suppose that as I watch everyone take steps forward it is time that I do the same. I can be sad that things have changed, and won't be the same or be predictable for the time being, but one day it will. Until then I will have to seek comfort within myself in order to feel as though things can be the same, and be predictable. I suppose haircuts are a way of saying something new is about to happen, I am unaware of it, but it will be amazing. Or perhaps I am sad because next month will make it a whole year of being alone? Or perhaps I should be rejoicing because I have had this wonderful opportunity to be alone for a whole entire year? I think I will rejoice! Next year I am making my first big girl move- out of state! I am excited, thrilled, nervous, and afraid all at the same time. Hopefully things will work out for the best.













No comments:

Post a Comment